A deposit for each session that a camper has been registered for is required within two weeks of submitting your registration. Space in Camp will only be reserved with a deposit and completed registration application – we do not hold spots under any circumstance.
Please review our deposit structure below to ensure you are sending the correct deposit amount:
- Base Camp = $150 / per camper
- Summer Blast = $300/per camper
- Discovery Camp = $300/per camper
- Adventure Challenge = $600/per camper
- SLC 1 = $600 / per camper
- SLC 2 = $900 / per camper
Refund / Cancellation Policy
Notice of Cancellation must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our office will follow the below timeline for cancellations and refunds:
|Until January 31, 2024||Receive a full refund with no penalty.|
|Between February 1 – April 3, 2024||Receive a full refund – less a $100 admin fee|
|Between April 4 – May 31, 2024||Deposit if non-refundable and cannot be transferred to future seasons.|
|After June 1, 2024||All fees are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to future seasons.|
- Admin Fee’s are a one-time charge at the time of cancellation for each registration that has been cancelled. These are charged regardless of if your camper is attending other sessions and cannot be transferred as a credit for future seasons.
- Non-refundable deposits cannot be transferred as a credit for future seasons.
- There will be no refund or reduction in fees given for any camper electing not to attend or leaving camp during any session, including for reasons of missing home, arriving late or leaving early.
- No refund will be given for campers dismissed for breaching camp rules.
- In the case of illness or injury sustained prior to camp, a credit may be given for the following season with doctor’s note.
- Please allow for 3 weeks for the processing of refunds.
- Out of respect to families on our waitlist, we will not allow registrations to be transferred between individuals/families should you need to cancel.
Camper Registration Fee’s must be paid in full no later than April 3, 2024.
Families are welcome to submit their payment at any time. Registrations that have not been paid in full by this date will no longer be held in our system and will be released to waitlisted families if applicable. Registrations are not finalized until full payment of camp fees are received by our office.
How to Submit your payment
Payments are accepted by E-Transfer or Cheque. We are unable to accept credit cards.
- Cheque – payable to Camp Summit and mailed to PO BOX 48 – Squamish, BC – V8B 0A1
- E-Transfer – transfer to email@example.com– In the “notes” section please include your CAMPERS NAME
If you are an International Family or are currently residing outside of Canada, please contact the office for payment options.
Camper Code of conduct
We believe that every person has the right to feel safe, both physically and emotionally, at Camp Summit. When the behavior issues arise and/or challenges present themselves, we resolve them on an individual basis.
As part of our Conditions of Enrolment package (completed at the time of registration), families are asked to review and sign our ‘Camper Code of Conduct’ agreement. Families are asked to review this agreement with their campers so they are aware of our camper code of conduct and the sequencing of potential consequences of their actions. Campers are also made aware of the camp rules during our community meeting on the first day and they are expected to adhere to them throughout their stay. Similarly, as a group each cabin will complete a ‘full value contract’ on their first day of camp.
The Camp Director reserves the right to withdraw any camper without warning who, in their opinion, compromises the physical or emotional safety of any person at camp, who requires consistent 1:1 care to manage behaviour, or who is an immediate hazard to the safety of themselves or others. Camp Summit will also remove a camper who is negatively affecting the experience of another camper or group of campers.
Lived Gender + Cabin Arrangments
At Camp Summit, we are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for our camp community. Campers are registered and organized in cabins based on their registered program, grade and lived gender. Please register your camper as their preferred gender, as this will guide their placement in either a male or female cabin.
We are available to discuss any questions you may have for your families particular situation at any time. As with any sensitive personal information, we consider the gender identity of our campers and staff to be private unless the individual wishes to share it.
We recognized that many campers attend Camp with a friend they hope to share a cabin with. Campers are registered and organized in cabins based on their registered program, grade and lived gender. Cabin group sizes are between 8-9 campers per cabin.
Camp Summit is committed to doing the best we can to accommodate such friend requests, however, there are a few parameters which must be met:
- Campers must be within 16 months in age.
- Requests must be mutual (i.e. the request must be made by both families involved on their final forms).
- Campers must be registered for the same program and grade section of camp (Junior – Intermediate – Senior)
- We can only accommodate 2 requests per camper.
If your child is attending with a close friend, please take the time to speak with them about making new friends and living co-operatively with their cabin group. Part of the value of camp is making new friends and respecting all members of our camp community!
In the rare case that a request is made for two campers not to be together, it is the responsibility of both families to ensure each other are aware and involved. We will not get involved with such dynamics.