Managing covid-19 at camp
OPERATING PROCEDURE & SAFETY PLAN
Camp Summit is operating under the Provincial Health Guidelines regarding Covid-19 and regularly consults with our local health department regarding any updates or changes to protocols. Camp Summit is organizing all of our camp programs to reflect best practices for cleaning & sanitization, physical distancing, and group management.
This package has been created as a guiding document regarding our COVID-19 operating procedures and safety plan for families and their campers, schools, visitors and other guests of Camp Summit. The operating procedures outlined in this document have been adapted with guidance from our Local Public Health Department to fit the context of our programming at Camp Summit. Camp Summit’s Operational procedures have been established based on:
- BC Camps Association COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidelines – Day Camps
- Worksafe BC’s Child care and day camps: Protocols for returning to operation
- BC Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 Public Health Guidance for Childcare Setting
- BC Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 Public Health Guidance for K-12 School Settings
- BC Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 Public Health Guidance for Restaurants and Food Service Premises
- Current Province-Wide Restrictions
- Regular consultation with our Local Public Health Officer (PHO) – Vancouver Coastal Health
We will continue to review and adapt these protocols as necessary should there be a change in public health orders given by BC’s Public Health Office (PHO).